Monday, July 16, 2007

Performance Accolades

On the weekend I had a dance performance. We just danced to one number, something recycled from a few years back. But no doubt this dance was one of the fastest ones I have choreographed. There seemed to be widespread appreciation for our performance.
The things that make a performer truly feel like they have done a good job are:
  1. Self-satisfaction
  2. Praise that seems genuine from other performers in the same or related area
  3. Praise from the audience, where there are people who truly appreciate the type of performance.
  4. People saying that the art form or what ever is performed should be pursued as a career.
  5. People genuinely being upset for having missed out on the performance.

Surprisingly despite No1 being met, all the other criteria for our performance being a success were true! So the result from this, is a result from a suggestion of a fellow performer from interstate. I am going to start a dance school of my own, as well as a website (in the near future) for it. On that day and the subsequent day itself there were 5 people ready to join! So lets see how it goes! Here comes a step up in something I'm really passionate about! :-) I'm looking or rather thinking of possible names. If anyone has any suggestions, please do let me know!


Blogroll Me!

4 comments:

Harish said...

"People saying that the art form or what ever is performed should be pursued as a career. "

Seriously....U shld do it. Its a gift...and please dont waste it for heavens sake. (I am telling this in particular because my only "dance" is when I get body shivers out of fever"
:-)
I hope to be back with a name sometime :-)

Ramya Shankar said...

Honestly, that's the most noble thought that could ever seep into one's head ! Don't have any inhibitions, where there is talent, things never go unnoticed.
I can think of a 1396 names now. Obviously, its your call !
Good luck ! :)

Jolikum Salangai said...

harish: thx for the advice!!! lol abt th only dance u do!!! sounds totally interesting! ;) :P

ramya: wise words.... soo many names wow realli.... can u tell me some??? hahaha... me still totally lost!!

rads said...

Good luck on your school :) You should name it what you named your blog. It's perfect! :)

So what do you dance? Classical?